Cora Weiss Fellowship 2023 in USA – Fully Funded
Applications are open for the Cora Weiss Fellowship 2023 in New York, USA. The fellowship seeks out ambitious and industrious young leaders. Anyone of any nationality is eligible to apply. Furthermore, there are no age restrictions. This fellowship is open to people of all faiths, races, genders, and backgrounds. This program is a one-year leadership development program. If you have a smart mind and a bachelor’s degree, what are you waiting for? Now is the time to apply for this fantastic opportunity. Also visit MBA Scholarships for International Students 2023 – Study Abroad.
The fellowship allows fellows to work with GNWP for a year in the United States. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for the United Nations. The UN Security Council Resolutions 1325 and 2250 are promoted by the Cora Weiss Fellowships. Women’s rights, peacebuilding, and security assurance were all addressed in these resolutions. Fellows will also carry out the organization’s programs.
The fellowship will give materials for study and development. Not only that, but this program also includes humanitarian action against human rights violations. The fellows of this international fellowship have access to a variety of resources. Local transportation, lodging, and roundtrip airfare are just a few of the services available. In the event of a COVID-19 emergency, the host will assist colleagues in obtaining a reliable internet connection as well as a laptop or mobile device. Must apply for UniSA International Student Scholarships 2023 in Australia – Fully Funded.
Cora Weiss Fellowship Details
- Country: USA
- Host: Global Network of Women Peacebuilders (GNWP)
- Eligibility: Everyone with At least Bachelor’s Degree
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: July 15, 2022
About Global Network of Women Peacebuilders (GNWP)
In honor of Cora Weiss, the Global Network of Women Peacebuilders was founded. Cora Weiss is a social justice activist and peacemaker. She’s a well-known leader. For more than a decade, Weiss has been a support system for the United Nations and the Women’s Strike for Peace. She also spearheaded the anti-Vietnam movement in the United States. One of her many accomplishments is receiving international peace prizes.
She has been an active participant in matters concerning women’s peace. Cora Weiss is actively involved in bringing these issues to light. Cora Weiss is attempting to address the global issue, from hosting the first women’s radio program to participating in summits and conferences.
In the United States, the Cora Weiss Fellowship offers the following advantages:
- Local transportation stipend.
- Expenses for lodging and other related expenses.
- Exposure to women’s societal issues, as well as peace and security.
- Awareness about Goals for sustainable development
- Improve your communication abilities.
- Airfare from your country to New York on a roundtrip basis.
- Health insurance.
The following are the requirements for the Cora Weiss Fellowships in New York:
- Fellows can be from any country.
- Furthermore, there is no age limit.
- Fellows must hold a bachelor’s degree in international relations, gender studies, or a related field in the social sciences.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be familiar with USCR 2250.
- They must also be aware of UNSCR 1325 and the resolutions that support it.
- Applicants must be familiar with the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.
- Furthermore, understanding of long-term peace resolutions and development goals.
- Furthermore, the individual must be from or have worked in a conflict-affected area.
- Applicants should be able to work both in a group and on their own.
- Motivated towards commitments.
- English language proficiency.
- UN Language proficiency (preferred if provided).
- Last but not least, fellows must commit to spending a year in New York.
- Application form. (Filled in English)
- Cover letter of a maximum of two pages.
- Work sample of minimum 1500 words.
- Two reference letters.
How to Apply
The application form can be downloaded from the official website. Complete all required fields. Give accurate information. The Cora Weiss Fellowship 2023 application deadline is July 15, 2022.
Must include a cover letter. It must detail how you intend to support women’s rights, as well as peace and security. In addition, show that you care about gender equality. Please send your completed application form and supporting materials to email@example.com. Separately filed application forms and papers will be rejected.