SMART Scholarship 2022-23 in USA – Fully Funded
Great news, Applications are open for SMART scholarship 2022 in the USA. This award is offered to international students of selected countries. The department of defense scholarship is offering an opportunity to study under Fully Funded scholarships in USA. The DoD scholarships are announced and open for the academic session 2022-23. Also, visit SBW Berlin Scholarship 2022-2023 – Fully Funded
Moreover undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral students seeking a degree in one of 21 STEM disciplines are eligible for these scholarships. Furthermore, students pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) subjects can apply for the Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship-for-Service Program.
This is a combined educational and workforce development program funded by the Department of Defense (DoD). A great chance to get a guaranteed job after graduation. Also, paid internships in USA will be offered to interested students. You can also apply for Erasmus+ Leiden University Scholarship 2022 in Netherlands – Fully Funded.
SMART Scholarship Details
- Award Country: USA
- Host Institute: Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART)
- Degree Level: Bachelors, Masters and PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Applications open from 1st August and will last till End of December annually
This is a Fully Funded scholarship with numerous benefits for its scholars. The benefits they will receive:
- Full tuition Fee and Educational Fee
- Annual cash stipends upto $ 25,000 – $ 38,000
- Paid Summer Internships
- Book and Health Insurance Allowance
- After graduation, scholars will be guaranteed a job in the Department of Defense.
Students pursuing disciplines that are vital to the Department of Defense’s (DoD) national security functions are the emphasis of the program. The following is a list of the 21 STEM fields that have been authorized by SMART. These are broad umbrella topics; individual applicant majors or courses of study may fall under one or more of these headings.
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Operations Research
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences
- Computer and Computational Sciences and Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Information Sciences
Check the qualifications below to see whether you qualify for this once-in-a-lifetime chance. All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- At the time of application, you must be a citizen of the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom.
- By August 1, 2022, you must be 18 years old or older.
- Able to do at least one summer internship (multi-year scholars only).
- Requesting at least one year of degree financing prior to graduation(which begins on the program start date);
- Willing to work for the Department of Defense after graduation
- A current student with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Pursuing a technical bachelor’s or master’s degree in one of the 21 STEM fields listed above.
- Be able to show a college transcript from a regionally accredited US college or university for the autumn of 2021, OR be pursuing a graduate degree at a regionally accredited US institution or university.
- To be eligible for the Scholarship, active duty military members must be separated or on terminal leave on or before August 1, 2022. Members of the Reserve and National Guard are eligible to apply. Current ROTC members who have made a commitment to serve in the military in the future are not allowed to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, Applications are invited from the eligible studentsfrom August to December of every year. The DoD SMART Scholarship forum is also open for any kind of help. The official link to apply is provided below.